Wednesday, July 1, 2009



I would have never thought six years ago that I would be the one to propose to Greg, well, I wasn't even thinking I would propose to anyone.

Greg wanted to get married four, or even three years ago. He has always been the grown up in our relationship. I knew one night when I felt bad for being mean to him. I wanted to tell him right away I was ready but I thought, no this is too rash, so i simmered in it for a few days. After a week passed I was still frazzled by my own thoughts, but I still stood by my decision, and after a month of ensuring that I wasnt making a decision on emotion, I bought him a ring. It was March 25, 2009, his 24th birthday. I wanted to give it to him then because he always gives me the best birthdays. The funny thing was that I had to argue with him about the reasons I did'nt want to be married just a few weeks before, I had already had his ring at that time so I was secretly smiling to myself as he was steaming out the ears. A good surprise that would be coming very soon. I gave him his present and he laughed, then cried, then we both cried. It was a good moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment