Friday, January 27, 2012




They finally came home! ;) I was so happy this day and also realized I had no idea how to care for a baby, let alone two babies. Mine and Greg's thoughts were as follows. " Are they cold? Are they hot? Are they breathing? Are they hungry? What do we dress them in? Where should we put them? Where should we ourselves be? Put the dog out. Is it to loud? etc. etc. As new parents we were very high strung. Me, being stressed to the max with the nursing two babies every three hours on top of everything else I was worried about, was turning gray on the spot. The first thing Greg did when we got home was put on the movie Avatar because he wanted to do what he loved with the babies and that was watch a movie. One of the awful nurses at the hospital had told me that we should'nt let anyone near them for six weeks because they are very suseptible to sickness since they are so new and small. If they get sick they will be up at primary childrens with higher security than the NICU, I wouldn't be able to hold them, they would be on respirators, they could DIE and all the awful things you can imagine. So, we told everyone we didn't want visitors but of course Greg's parents were the first one's to come over. That first night I was listening to them sleep and heard Leon with a little congestion, like a tiny snore. I immediately FREAKED out and panicked, burst out into tears, started pacing the floor, called the hospital in a panic, the nurse said just to suck his boogers with the booger sucker and not to worry unless he couldn't breathe through them. That calmed me down but I hate that nurse for making me more stressed than I already was. I was so determined to nurse that I woke up with them every three hours, changed one baby's diaper, nursed him, changed his clothes if needed, swaddled him, and put him in his crib. Then changed the other baby's diaper, nursed him, changed his clothes, swaddled him, and put him back in his crib. Sometimes this took 45 minutes and sometimes it took an hour and a half, so that would leave me with an hour and a half to two hours of sleep before the next round. This went on for about 3 or 4 months. All I have to say is thank goodness for family and I survived! I never woke Greg up at night to feed them since I was nursing, and our rule from the beginning has been never to bring them into our bed to sleep. I know how easy and addicting this has been for other mom's and I didn't want it to become an unbreakable habit so we have always had our bed for us and their beds for them. The first night they were home I slept them in their bassinett next to our bed but since I was so sensitive to every peep I couldn't ever fall asleep so the Dr. suggested I put them in their own room in their own beds so I could get some rest. So I did. And since their second night home they have slept in their own room.
Julian rolled first, crawled first, and walked first. He is my little dare devil, Julian will attempt everything untill he get's it right. Leon is a little sweetheart and when he decides to do something it is deliberate and perfected. In a nutshell this last year has brought us two new cars ( an 07 toyota corolla and a 11 toyota corolla) BIG MISTAKES! Our pug Chato died :( (Sad day), my 13 year old cat Baby died who stayed at my dad's when I got married ( Another sad day ),Greg and I had our two year anniversarry, the babies turned 1. We had their first birthday party here at our house in West Jordan. We got a room mate ( Greg's best buy friend Gabe Perez moved into our basement from August 11 to Feb 11 as a favor to us so we could get a little extra income), Julian's first steps were on December 24th 2011 and Leon's first steps were on January 23rd 2012. Both of them are still a little wobbly but they're getting better everyday:)
Recently (last weekend) we drove down to Mexico as a family with my dad and sister and her daughter to visit my family. My grandma had a stroke last year and my dad wanted to go down and see her. It was 12 hours one way and it was hard on the babies but not as hard as when we did a road trip to New Mexico with Greg for a business trip last year with them when they were just 8 months old and had to stop alot more frequently because of blow outs in the car seat. To add to the "Vacations" if you would even categorize the above in that category, Greg won a trip to Maui, Hawaii at his amazing work and he gets to take ME! We are leaving feb 6th and come back the 12. I am going to miss my baby boys so much since the longest I have spent away from them has been one night but at the same time I am so excited to be going to Maui with Greg and bike down a volcano and go to a luau:) I hope I have covered the important parts of this last year and a half and will try to remember to update our blog more frequently. Life is good:)

No comments:

Post a Comment